How to distinguish and use isolation clothing and medical protective clothing
What is the difference and use of isolation clothing and medical protective clothing is mainly that medical protective clothing is more durable than isolation clothing, with a higher protection level and better protection performance. In addition to meeting the wearing requirements of high strength and high wear resistance, the two are often different due to different protection purposes and protection principles.
How to distinguish between isolation clothing and medical protective clothing
Although medical protective clothing is better than isolation clothing, but the cost is relatively high, so for different jobs, the choice of protective clothing will be different. The difference between the characteristics of medical protective clothing and isolation clothing.
Medical protective clothing
Protective clothing functions and uses
Medical protective clothing is the medical protective equipment worn by clinical medical personnel when they come into contact with patients with Class A or Class A infectious diseases. Isolation gowns are protective equipment used by medical personnel to avoid contamination by blood, body fluids and other infectious substances, or to protect patients from infection.
Different user indications
Wear a gown:
1. When contacting patients with infectious diseases transmitted by contact, such as patients with infectious diseases, patients with multi-drug resistant bacteria infection, etc.
2. Protective isolation of patients, such as diagnosis and treatment of patients with extensive burns and patients with bone transplantation.
3. When the patient may be splashed by blood, body fluids, secretions and feces.
4. Entering key departments such as ICU, NICU, protective wards, etc., whether or not to wear isolation clothes, should be based on the medical staff’s purpose of entering and contact with patients, and sufficient internal regulations.
Wear medical protective clothing:
When exposed to airborne and droplet-borne infectious disease patients, they may be splashed by the patient’s blood, body fluids, secretions, and feces.
Different use of protective clothing
Medical protective clothing is to prevent medical personnel from being infected. It belongs to one-way isolation and is mainly aimed at medical personnel; and isolation clothing is to prevent medical personnel from being infected or contaminated and to prevent patients from being infected.
Advantages of medical protective clothing over isolation clothing
1. Medical protective clothing is also an important part of medical protective equipment. Its basic requirement is to block harmful substances such as viruses and bacteria, so as to protect medical staff from infection during diagnosis and care.
2. Medical protective clothing must also meet the normal functional requirements for use, with better wearing comfort and safety, such as better moisture permeability, flame retardant performance and alcohol corrosion resistance.
3. Medical protective clothing has the characteristics of anti-permeation function, good breathability, high strength and high resistance to hydrostatic pressure. It is mainly used in industrial, electronic, medical, chemical and bacterial infection prevention environments.
Another point is also different. Those who provide hospitals at the request of the state require a “medical registration permit”, so all medical protective clothing must be certified, and isolation clothing is generally used in livestock, laboratories, etc. Everyone must pay attention that those who do not have a certificate can only do a trial of isolation clothing and cannot provide it to the hospital.
Post time: May-07-2020